Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yummy Green Chile Turkey Stew!!

I made this tonight and it was good! Especially on a cool rainy night.

Green Chile Turkey Stew: 1 1/2 of olive oil, 1 1/2 - 2 lbs turkey tenderloin cut into chunks, 2 teaspoons salt (I use sea salt), 4 medium potatoes chopped (I used 2 white and 2 sweet), 1 small onion diced, 3-4 cloves of garlic chopped, 8 oz. of fire roasted green chiles chopped or diced, 1 large can of corn and about 3/4 to a cup of veggie or chicken broth. In a large skillet heat oil over high heat and add turkey and 1 tsp salt. Cook and stir occasionally until meat is lightly browned. Add potatoes, onions, garlic and cook until onions are tender (a few minutes). Put mixture into a large stock pot and add chilies, corn and about 3/4 cup or so of broth (I used veggie as that is what I had), then add water until mixture is just covered. I also added a couple of dashes of cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer about an hour.
Serve with a little shredded cheese and it is good with tortilla chips too!

No comments:

Post a Comment