Friday, January 22, 2010

Yummy Crock pot BBQ Chicken..........

We had this tonight served over baked potatoes and it was good. Here is how I did it:
I took 3 chicken breasts, 1/2 bottle of good BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup of red wine and olive oil dressing, 2 tbsp. brown sugar and 1 tbsp worstershire sauce. Then I threw the breasts in the crock pot, mixed the other ingredients together and poured the mixture on top. I wanted it all a little sweeter so I drizzled some molasses and agave nectar on top. I also added sliced onion and a little garlic. I cooked it on high for 3 hours. Then I shredded the chicken with 2 forks, added another drizzle or too of agave nectar, added a touch of flour to thicken a bit, stirred and cooked it on low for another hour. We had it over baked potato but you cooked make a sandwich out of it too.
Either way it was yummy!
:)

P.S. It would be good with a little heat added to it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment