Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall Update!

Hey everyone! Fall is here and I have been so busy. Sorry to leave you all hanging for awhile. I have lots of pictures to post too - I will get to it soon. The squash is picked and pumpkins are carved (from our gardens). I planted spaghetti squash and pumpkins this year in 2 different areas. But..the bees got busy and cross pollinated a few. I had a couple of pumpkins, a a couple of spaghetti squash and a few that were spaghetti/pumpkin squash!

I now have my fall plants growing well: golden beets (which I have never grown so we will see), carrots, corn salad, red lettuce and salad mix. my mint has come back too for some reason! Oh and I planted 1 red potato in the spring and yielded about 50 of all shapes and sizes!

Pictures of all to come soon!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Marci, I love meat loaf and am always willing to try a new recipe. Norm isn't keen on ground poultry as a substitute for beef so I'm looking for a recipe that will work for him...I'd love to be able to go to chicken or turkey instead of beef.

    Also, I'm looking forward to the pictures.

    Thanks so much, Jackie

    ReplyDelete